Typical consultancy services provided by PhysElec Solutions in earthing and grounding for power systems and lightning include, but are not limited to:
- Soil resistivity measurements and interpretation.
- Soil resistivity modelling, including multi-layer and complex soil structures.
- Earthing / grounding system design and analysis for power systems – substations and transmission lines, industrial facilities and sites.
- Specialised earthing / grounding system design for transients (lightning discharges).
- Design optimisation to achieve electrical safety of personnel and equipment (EPR/GPR, step and touch voltages) in compliance with international standards;
- Quantitative, risk-based and deterministic earthing/grounding analysis for power systems (depending on the standard with which compliance is required).
- Earthing / grounding designs in compliance with national and international standards;
- Earthing / grounding system measurements using current injection test techniques;
- Computations of fault current distribution in power system networks.
- Capacitive, inductive and conductive interference studies, including EMC analysis and mitigation for pipelines, telecommunication cables, railways etc.
- Regular delivery of a comprehensive, professional engineering seminar on earthing, namely:
- Fundamentals of Earthing for Power Systems.
Click here for the next seminar date.
Modelling and computations utilise the world-class CDEGS software suite.